Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I think about my dreams.
Some coloured faces beneath the sheet…
There’s no place to escape,
Once you are inside….
I freeze, I melt, I run, I hide
The doors never unlock for me
There’s no place u can escape to
Once you are in your dreams

But then often I see the light,
The smile of a child, the smell of the ocean…
And I wake up at a distance.

Am I still there?
And I walk down that same road,
Where I once went searching for you,
Or a certainty.
I had escaped from me into another trap,

It clears as morning comes..
The mist rises into my eyes.
Which was real?
And oblivion waits for me.

2 comments:

eblue25 said...

this is the most beautiful poem in ur blog. it's so precise and poignant. the past, more often than not, stifles and drains. went searching for certainty so many years ago, but it still matters to u:-) ..i know what u thought of when u wrote this.

Ace of Spades said...

good to see you have taken up writing (here) again ...